- Remove distractions. Find a quiet place where students can work. Turn off the television and computer. Don’t have students do homework in a place others are playing.
- Set ‘Homework Time’. This could be right after dinner. Be sure homework is complete before your child can watch TV, use the computer, play, etc.
- Have your child work on assignments due the next day first, and then work on assignments or projects that are due later. Help your child plan project work so they do not wait until the last minute.
- Be sure your child understands the assignments before working on them. Help your child, but do not give answers. Offer ideas that can lead them to the correct answers.
- Organize for tomorrow. Have your child pack their bag as soon as homework is done. Be sure to pack everything necessary for the next school day.
Written by Ms. Hillary Banks, Elementary Counselor
|< Prev||Next >|